Please find the 2020 Selection Policy for the National team.
Selection Policy 2020
Standards for international racing 2020
The minimum standard 5k time to be eligible for selection remain the same as last year
Senior / U23 Men. 23:00
Senior/U23 Women 26:00
Junior Men 24:00
Junior Women 28:30
These are minimum standards only and do not guarantee selection for European or World Championships. They are also intended as a guide for aspiring international paddlers in the future.
World Cup in Pitesti, Romania 22nd – 24th May
- Any paddler achieving the minimum standard may race at the World Cup in Pitesti, Romania.
- Paddlers must compete at a minimum of two domestic marathon event before the World Cup.
European Championships in Budapest, Hungary 23rd – 26th July
- For classes with more than two eligible paddlers, the best result at World Cup long course will qualify for European Championships in Budapest, Hungary.
- Any remaining places for European Championships will be awarded to the highest placed eligible paddlers at the Cork Ranking Marathon taking place on Sunday May 31st.
- Paddlers must compete at a minimum of three domestic marathon events before the European Championships otherwise they forfeit their place which will be offered to the next best placed paddler in the selection race who has met all criteria.
- For classes with two or less eligible paddlers/crews a selection race will not be required.
World Championships in Baerum, Norway August 27th -30th
- Selection for the World Championships in Baerum, Norway August 27th -30th will be based on results at the National Marathon Championships in Lough Rynn, Leitrim Sat June 27th.
- Paddlers must compete at a minimum of four domestic marathon events before the World Championships otherwise they forfeit their place which will be offered to the next best placed paddler in the selection race who has met all criteria.
- For classes with two or less eligible paddlers a selection race will not be required.
The committee will nominate/arrange a K2 selection race should it be required for either Championship. In the event of an athlete withdrawal the place will be offered to the next highest placed athlete in the relevant selection race. In the case where no other athlete who raced for selection is available the committee may nominate any qualified paddler, using most recent performances as a guide. The committee may nominate any qualified paddlers who are travelling to an event as reserve team member.
Should anyone want any clarification the committee can be contacted at email@example.com
Selection Policy available for download here 2020 Marathon Selection policy
Note: The 2020 Domestic race calendar can be found here