Waterways Ireland Series Returns for 2019 with Celbridge Race as it’s 1st race.
We are delighted that Waterways Ireland has continued its support of the Marathon Committee again for 2019. As a result of this we will again be running the Waterways Ireland Series within our own ranking series. This year we have 5 races taking part on Waterways. Tomorrows Celbridge race will be the 1st of the series.
- Celbridge Paddlers Ranking Marathon – Grand Canal
- Belfast Canoe Club Ranking Marathon – Lower Bann
- Carrick on Shannon Ranking Marathon – River Shannon
- Belturbet Ranking Marathon – River Erne
- Robertstown Ranking Marathon – Grand Canal
Just like last year the category winners will be the paddlers carrying the highest average speed per km over the 5 races. This takes into account the different distances that paddlers may be racing over. For 2019 we have added a few new categories. The categories for the waterways Ireland series for 2019 are as follows:
- Senior Mens
- Senior Womens
- Junior Mens
- Junior Womens
- K2/T2 ** Must be the same crew racing for races to count**
- Div 5 Womens
- Div5/6 ** Fastest paddler across the 2 divisions**
Also like last year any paddler completing at least 4 out of the 5 races will receive a goodie. Last year there was the lovely Canoe Marathon Ireland /Waterways Ireland travel mugs. What will it be for 2019? Come along to the races to see!!