We are delighted that Waterways Ireland has continued its support of the Marathon Committee again for 2019. As a result of this we will again be running the Waterways Ireland Series within our own ranking series. This year we have 5 races taking part on Waterways. Tomorrows Celbridge race will be the 1st of the series.
- Celbridge Paddlers Ranking Marathon – Grand Canal
- Belfast Canoe Club Ranking Marathon – Lower Bann
- Carrick on Shannon Ranking Marathon – River Shannon
- Belturbet Ranking Marathon – River Erne
- Robertstown Ranking Marathon – Grand Canal
Just like last year the category winners will be the paddlers carrying the highest average speed per km over the 5 races. This takes into account the different distances that paddlers may be racing over. For 2019 we have added a few new categories. The categories for the waterways Ireland series for 2019 are as follows:
- Senior Mens
- Senior Womens
- Junior Mens
- Junior Womens
- K2/T2 ** Must be the same crew racing for races to count**
- Div 5 Womens
- Div5/6 ** Fastest paddler across the 2 divisions**
Also like last year any paddler completing at least 4 out of the 5 races will receive a goodie. Last year there was the lovely Canoe Marathon Ireland /Waterways Ireland travel mugs. What will it be for 2019? Come along to the races to see!!